By Douglas Davies
- Offers a desirable exam of this topic that's of putting up with curiosity in each tradition within the world
- Considers the profound effect demise has had on topics starting from philosophy to anthropology, via to artwork, literature, and track - inspiring a few of our such a lot enduring inventive highpoints
- Broaches one of the most major features of dying, akin to the act of death, grieving, burial, creative interpretations of loss of life, locations of reminiscence, the phobia of loss of life, and disasters/tragedies
- Weaves those a variety of methods to dying right into a compelling tale approximately our altering attitudes to dying
- Contains numerous illustrations, and is written in an obtainable and energetic style.
Read or Download A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) PDF
Similar gerontology books
Domestic health and wellbeing care is turning out to be in value as american citizens search possible choices to the prices and inconveniences of institutionalized care. extra learn is performed day-by-day during this box, and researchers want to know concerning the wealth of data presently on hand to help them of their paintings. This worthwhile reference overviews the assets on hand in this subject, and likewise makes transparent the parts desiring additional learn.
It is very important comprehend the connection among the mind, cognition and behaviour whilst delivering care to the aged. Behavioral Neurology within the aged presents a accomplished evaluate of this important dating, essentially the most very important themes referring to clinical and behavioral gerontology this day.
This compact, centred consultant is ideal for college students and others new to the sphere of gerontology. good points contain extra interpreting for every bankruptcy, a word list of keywords, and tables that offer effortless reference points.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich Soziologie - regulate, notice: 1,3, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die vorliegende Arbeit befasst sich mit den Ursachen und Folgen von Altersarmut sowie Interventionsmaßnahmen zur Bekämpfung von Armut im regulate. Ziel dieser Arbeit ist eine Diskussion darüber, ob Altersarmut zu einer Spaltung der Gesellschaft führen kann.
- The new science of ageing (New Dynamics of Ageing)
- Longevity and the Good Life
- Altersbilder im Wandel zwischen Würde und Bürde: Kultur oder Anti-Kultur humanen Alterns (German Edition)
- Ageing (Key Concepts)
- Seniorenpolitik und soziale Lage älterer Menschen in Deutschland (German Edition)
- Assisted Living: Needs, Practices, and Policies in Residential Care for the Elderly: Needs, Practices and Policies in Residential Care for the Elderly
Additional info for A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion)
A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) by Douglas Davies